Van Goghs Silica: Strengthen Stems, Prevent Elongation - A Guide
How To Use Van Goghs Silica for stronger stems and cell walls:
- Make sure your water is below pH 6.5 before adding any silicium.
- Measure 15ml of van Goghs silicium and add it to 100 liters of water.
- Gently stir the water to ensure proper mixing.
- Once the water is stirred thoroughly, you can add the base nutrients and start with A.
- After adding base nutrient A, stir the solution again to ensure proper distribution.
- Now you can add base nutrient B to the solution.
- Once base nutrient B is added, you can start incorporating van Goghs additives.
- Make sure to add all the necessary nutrients to the solution.
- After adding all the nutrients, test the pH of the solution.
- Adjust the pH of the solution to fall within the range of 5.8 to 6.3.
- Once the pH is adjusted, your solution is ready for use.
- Do not add silica to water that has a pH of 6.5 or higher.
- Avoid any contact between silica and glass, even if it's already diluted with water.
- Never stir silica with a metal rod or measuring it in a glass jar.
How to use Van Goghs Silica to prevent stretching or elongation
Increase the recommended dosage of silica, to prevent excessive stretching or elongation of your plants.
To prevent stretching or elongation, you can double or even triple the dosage of silica, but make sure not to exceed a maximum of 5ml per liter of water. The appropriate dosage may vary depending on the strain of the plant.
Van Gogh's Silica can be used as a foliar spray and also in combination with Calmag for faster results.
Before applying the foliar spray, it's important to start with a small test spray first. Wait for 24 hours and observe any potential reactions. When spraying, aim for a fine mist and do it in the morning for optimal results.
Silica (Silicon Dioxide) is very safe to use, and the risk of overdosing is minimal. However, it's important to note that the appropriate dosages may vary depending on the specific strain of the plant.