How to Use Van Goghs CalMax to Avoid Calcium and Magnesium Deficiencies in Cannabis Cultivation
DOSING OF CALMAX:
- Soil, Coco, Rockwool ad 125ML CalMax To 100L Water
- Hydroponics ad 125 to 200MLCalMax To 100L Water
- Foliar ad 6ML CalMax to 10L Water
- Outdoor field 1L CalMax to 800L Water
Use CalMax to address calcium and magnesium deficiencies.
CalMax can be a versatile addition to your nutrient regimen, it can also be used as a foliar spray or for pre-saturating your growing medium. To ensure optimal results, follow Van Goghs suggestions for each application method outlined below.
Use CalMax in addition to your nutrient regimen, follow these steps:
- Identify the deficiency: The first step is to identify whether your cannabis plant is deficient in calcium or magnesium. Calcium deficiencies can cause stunted growth and brittle stems, while magnesium deficiencies can cause yellowing of leaves.
- Begin the process of creating your nutrient solution by pouring your preferred base nutrient, such as A and B Cocos/Hydro, or Soil, into the water container. Next, add any desired supplements, such as CalMax. Remember to check the pH and EC levels before administering the solution to your plants.
- Use as needed: CalMax supplements should be used as needed, depending on the stage of growth and the specific needs of your plants. It is recommended to use CalMax supplements during the vegetative stage, when cannabis plants need higher levels of calcium and magnesium to support healthy growth.
- Adjust pH: CalMax supplements can raise the pH of your nutrient solution, so you should monitor and adjust the pH level accordingly. The optimal pH range for cannabis growth is between 5.8 and 6.1.
- Monitor plant health: Finally, monitor your plant's health and adjust your CalMax supplementation accordingly. If you notice any signs of overfeeding or nutrient burn, reduce the amount of CalMax supplement you use.
To pre-saturate your cannabis growing medium using CalMag, follow these steps:
- Fill a container with water and add the appropriate amount of CalMag to the water based on Van Goghs recommended dosing.
- Place your growing medium, such as rockwool, coco coir, or peat moss, into the container of CalMag solution.
- Let the growing medium soak in the solution for a few hours or until it is fully saturated.
- Once saturated, remove the growing medium from the solution and allow any excess solution to drain off.
- The growing medium is now ready for use. Plant your cannabis seeds or clones into the pre-saturated medium and continue with your regular nutrient and watering schedule.
To use CalMax as a foliar spray, follow these steps:
- Dilute CalMax supplement: Dilute CalMax ad 6ML CalMax to 10L Water. It's important to dilute it properly to avoid over-fertilization or causing damage to the plant.
- Fill a spray bottle: Once the CalMax is diluted, fill a spray bottle with the solution. Make sure the spray bottle is clean and has not been used for any other substances.
- Choose the right time: The best time to use Calmag as a foliar feed is during the vegetative stage of growth. This is when cannabis plants need higher levels of calcium and magnesium to support healthy growth.
- Choose the right conditions: To achieve optimal result, it is recommended to apply CalMax at least three hours before sunrise or prior to turning on any lights.
- Spray the plants: Spray the Calmax solution on the leaves of the cannabis plants. Make sure to cover the leaves evenly and cover both sides of the leaves, but avoid spraying too much as it may lead to leaf burn.
- Monitor the plants: Monitor the plants: Observe the plants for any signs of improvement or adverse reactions. If you notice any negative effects, such as leaf burn, reduce the amount of CalMax used or the frequency of application.
- Repeat as necessary: You can repeat this process once a week or as needed to maintain proper levels of calcium and magnesium in your plants.